Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Quick December

We began our Holiday Season with the Christmas Stroll on Plumas Street. We were volunteered to be in charge of the Santa booth for the City's Annual Chirstmas Stroll. It was Quite the event. Gene was the photographer taking pitures of hundreds of kids and thier families, and I was the developer, printing off all of the pictures and making sure that everyone was happy. It was quite the act of service, but by the end of the night we were having a good time. Here is a picture of the boys just before we became Santa's little helpers.
Gene, Christian and Marc

Our next activity was my mom and Bill's Hawaiian Christmas Lual. It was quite fun. We had delicous strawberry coconut smoothies, pulled pork sandwiches and fruit. We also had a poster contest where each person or team had to draw a picture of one of the twleve days of Christmas in Hawaiian and then we all sang it holding up our posters when it became our turn. After that we played limbo and as you can see the boys were tearing it up. I was surprised how low they could go.
Look at them go...

Marc

Christianand the Winner is. . . . Logan!!!!



The next weekend Mom, Bill, Gene and I went up to Nevada City for thier Victorian Christmas. I was a really fun night. We walked the up and down the little old streets and looked at all cute unique little shops and ate at a little restaurant that served delicious prime rib and salmon. We then looked at all the lights and listened to the christmas carolers and the sidewalk orchestra, and then we got chocolate and bananna filled crepes mmm so good, and I also got a large bag of Kettle corn. It is one of my favorite things to eat fresh hot kettle corn, and so that is what I asked for and made sure that my bag was fresh and hot. Needless to say we all munched on it all the way home and I had half a bag left by the time we got home. Oh, well next year I know to get two bags he hee.
It was so cold we were all bundled up in our down coats, hats, wraps and gloves. You would have thought we had lived in Utah or something. he hee
Bill, Mom, Me and Gene


On Christmas Eve we had the annual Barrow family christmas party and game night. It was a ton of fun. Although we missed Linell, Heidi, Robyn, Darrin and thier families. They are always such a fun and creative bunch. he hee. But Charlene did a great job colaborating with Heidi for our family history trivia game. Which my group lost, but Gene's group won and we got to share the prize....a large pack of gum and these nasty hillbilly teeth. You probably can't see them very well in this picture, but they were hilariously discusting and looked so real especially Ryan's. OH, so gross ha ha ha...


Sterling, Parker and Kim...don't they look comfy!!


Finally Christmas day, We had a wonderful christmas morning together just Gene and I opening our two christmas presents from eachother. It took all of about 5 mins. he hee After wich we looked at eachother and laugh at how quickly the time goes by when there is just two of you. At around 8 we went over to my mom's and opened gifts with the family. I don't know what it is about gifts, but I love to watch other peoples faces when they open gifts, it is my favorite part. To see thier eyes light up and the big smiles that they get, I just love it. After we cleaned everything up we went back over to our house to start our traditional Christmas breakfast. This is the one where all the boys are in the kitchen cooking breakfast and all the girls are sitting in the living room chatting it is wonderful.

The crazy kids

Mom and La-wen

Me and Tay

Mom and Loges

Mom and Bill The breakfast Crew

The Goods Before they were devoured
Just Plain Silly

We had a wonderful christmas season full of all kinds of fun activites, parties and family get togethers.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you posted so many pictures. I miss the Christmas parties at Kelly and Sterling's. I sure miss you guys!