Monday, November 5, 2007

We Love Mendo

Me and My Gene
There was so much drift wood on the beach in one spot, that someone thought it would be cool to build a fort. It was quite the site.The view that was just down the street from our house Goofing off on the bench overlooking the beach

This picture just doesn't do it justice, the colors were like a painting


All I can say is that we love Mendocino, as I am sure you all know since we have been there twice in the past two months. The Ocean views are so spectacular, with the rocky shorelines, and dramatic cliffsides. I just love it. Even though we went with my family, we still had plenty of time alone together. It was great. We went on a few hikes down to the Ocean, and saw some fun tidepooles with star fish and sea anemone. It was so fun, Gene kept trying to get me to touch them, but I was too scared they looked so squishy. We also walked around the little town of Historical Mendocino and did a little shopping. We had lunch and ice cream, sooo good. Then we went down to the beach and walked along the shoreline looking at all the drift wood. The next day Gene bought some rubber band airplanes and we flew them over by the Highlands in the field. It was really fun, he's such a good pilot he hee. Then we watched the Sun Set into the sea. It was so beautiful. Usually there is fog and you can't see the sunset, but this weekend was perfect. No fog, just amazing days with unforgetable sunsets.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

You guys took great pictures. Looks very romantic.

Robyn said...

Tag--you're it. See my blog for directions!

Heidi said...

Yay! I can finally access your blog! I don't know why I was blocked but that's why I couldn't check out your blog. Anyway, how fun to still go on trips that don't involve diaper bags, strollers, and car seats!

Stacie Hawley said...

WOW..that looks so fun!! AND definitely romantic!! What a great weekend!!