Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Thanksgiving Holiday

We hope that everyone had a very
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
We had such a great Thanksgiving together as a family this year, it was so fun. My mom and I started cooking on Wednesday night and had alot of fun, with Mas there talking and getting the turkey ready for Thursday. My mom and I made homemade rolls, strawberry jam, stuffing, pumkin muffins with cream cheese frosting....You name it we made it, and boy was it delicous. The boys spent most of the morning playing video games and snacking while we cooked, but after dinner it was Gene that stood over the sink for an hour doing dishes while we all cleaned up around him. Thanks Babe, for being such a big help. After everything was clean we watched movies, had dessert and just relaxed. It was the perfect start to a wonderful weekend.

Gene and Me just before Dinner


Family Time

Logan just couldn't wait he ate a peice before the puff pastry but we didn't tell mom, we just covered it up
Mom and I making the rolls we had so much fun
Gene hand mashed all the potatoes it was quite the job
Everyones place was set with a name card listing all of the reasons why I was greatful for each one of them and a See's Candy chocolate leaf of course. The table settings in the kitchen

The other table in the so called dinning room
The buffet in the dinning room Our beautiful turkey, it tasted as good as it looks
Logan sleeping in the love sac after dinner





6 comments:

Mindy said...

Wow you went all out. Next year we are coming to your house. Everything looked so amazing. Your are just like Martha Stewart.

Steph said...

Montez! How did you get the turkey to look so beautiful? Looks like you're a pro.

Mindy said...

Hey question...would you be willing to take family pictures for the Catterson Crew when we come out there? We want to get family pictures done outside with everyone and I thought of you. If you don't want to I understand, I just thought you are a perfectionist and would take great photos.

Heidi said...

Holy Cow! I've never seen a wrapped turkey like that. Great job! I love the idea of "gratitude placecards." Very classy.

Stacie Hawley said...

YUMMY!! Your food looks so delish! Your turkey is amazing! Looks like a lot of fun! And your blog is so cute!

Mindy said...

Love your new background. I look at your site at work and today my sound was on. I didn't know you had music at the bottom. Everyone here says you have great taste in music.